Not able to commit to the full six week course but fancy a taster of farm life? Our day workshops are aimed to get children immediately engaged with our islands farming heritage and experience a day in the life of a farmer.
Our days trips costs £10 per student.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM A DAY TRIP?
Children will learn how to plant up produce in their own vegetable patch and harvest a variety of different produce to take home. Workshops are catered for different age-groups and abilities and can be altered to meet your classes needs.
Our workshop activities also change in accordance with the seasons! Please give us a call or email if you are interested.
WHAT DO WE GET AS A CLASS BY SIGNING UP?
- 2 hours tuition with a farm school leader.
- Planting session, looking at different varieties of produce.
- Harvesting session, learning techniques and talking about seasonal vegetables.
- Animal husbandry activities.
- Team building and seasonal farming activities.
- Seasonal recipes to take home.
- Access to facilities at The Farm School Initiative.
- Online Resources & more!
WHEN CAN WE COME TO THE FARM SCHOOL INITIATIVE?
A morning session typically starts at 9.30am and finish at 11.30am. Afternoon sessions 12.30pm - 2.30pm.
You are more than welcome to bring snacks or lunch for before or after your session and enjoy the grounds.