Green Eggs & Bacon
Perfect on-the-go breakfast food. Once baked, these keep for a few days in the fridge in a sealed container. They are normally gobbled up straight away in our house!
- Turn up the oven to 200C.
- Lightly grease a muffin / cake tray with your choice of oil or butter.
- Then use the bacon rashers to line the cups of the muffin tray. Start with a full loop round the outside of the cup and then fill the bottom with broken bits of the bacon to fill the gaps.
- If you like the bacon crispy, pop the muffin tray in the oven for 5 minutes before adding the eggs.
- Pour in the egg mix. Don't worry if the egg mix doesn't stay inside the bacon cups. The eggs often break through during cooking! Add spinach at the same time and sprinkle with cheese.
- Pop the tray back in the oven and cook until the eggs are firm and the cheese is starting to crisp.
- 350g streaky bacon
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1/4 cup of fresh herbs
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Sprinkle of cheese.